The Netherlands Institute of Patent Attorneys is pleased to announce the first Masterclass on European Intellectual Property (IP) Protection and Enforcement in The Hague, The Netherlands. This one-week training course provides (young) IP professionals an in-depth study of the legal and practical aspects of the present and future European IP landscape and best practices of the Dutch Patent Attorneys.
The origin of the European Patent Office dates back to 1947 and the Establishment of the International Patent Institute (IIB) in The Hague, the first intergovernmental patent searching and documentation centre. The European Patent Organisation started in 1977 with its main branches in Munich and The Hague. The European Patent Office in The Hague boasting a staff of 2500 is largely responsible for the granting of European patents in all fields of technology.
Date and place:
The training course will be held over 5 working days from Monday 25 April 2016 to Friday 29 April 2016 in The Hague, The Netherlands, Hampshire Hotel-Babylon.
The programme and activities typically focus on:
- Grant proceedings before the European Patent Office, inclusive opposition and appeal proceedings, clarity of the claims, added subject matter
- Visit to the European Patent Office in The Hague, live opposition proceedings, presentations and discussions
- Introduction to the Unified Patent Court (UPC) and the Unitary Patent (UP)
- Patent filing strategies under the UPC
- The Netherlands: commercial gateway to Europe; enforcement of European Patents in The Netherlands
- Legal aspects of the European and national patent and case law
- Special topic: Introduction to Plant Breeders’ Rights and biotech
- Introduction to the training facilities of the Platform Formalities Officers association
- Case study
- Meet the Dutch patent attorneys
- Social events and group activities, among which a trip to the Flower auction Flora Holland in Naaldwijk, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Dutch celebrating King’s Night (Koningsnacht) and King’s Day on 27 April 2016 in The Hague, Amsterdam evening dinner canal cruise in a classic salon boat
For more information on costs and enrollment, please visit the website of Dutch IP Master Class.